Humanity 是 Thomas Bergersen 自称的“迄今为止最大的项目”，由现场管弦乐队、合唱团和歌手录制的七章组成。托马斯之前曾提到在 2018 年 10 月 3 日对 Sun 进行后续工作，并在接下来的几个月中对其发布进行了调侃，包括在“地狱两步”的官方 YouTube 频道上发布其中的一篇文章，以庆祝订阅人数达到 100 万。
2020年3月5日，他在自己的Facebook页面上正式宣布专辑发行。尽管最初因冠状病毒大流行而推迟，但第一章终于在 2020 年 7 月 1 日出版。
第二章于 2020 年 11 月 11 日发布。据说它的重点是“我们作为人类的情感，以及将我们联系在一起并赋予我们目标的事物，例如家庭、信仰、孩子和激情。”
第三章原定于 2021 年 4 月 21 日发布，但后来被推迟到 2021 年 5 月 6 日。它是关于“爱。这是毫不掩饰的浪漫。人类的心”。
Humanity is Thomas Bergersen’s self-proclaimed “biggest project to date” and consists of seven chapters recorded with a live orchestra, choirs, and vocalists. Thomas had previously mentioned working on a follow-up to Sun on October 3rd, 2018, and teased its release throughout the following months, including releasing a piece from it on Two Steps from Hell’s official YouTube channel to celebrate reaching one million subscribers.
On March 5th, 2020, he officially announced the album’s release on his Facebook page. Though it was initially postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the first chapter was finally published on July 1st, 2020.
The second chapter was released on November 11th, 2020. It is said to focus on “our emotions as humans, and the things that bind us together and give us purpose, such as family, faith, children and passion.”
The third chapter was slated to be released on April 21st, 2021 but was later pushed to May 6th, 2021. It is about “Love. It is unabashedly romantic. The heart of Humanity.”
|1||Sparks||Thomas Bergersen (violin)|
|5||You Are My Home|
|7||Born To Dream|
|8||Little Star||Audrey Karrasch|
|9||Growing Old Together|
|10||Until The Lights Go Out|
|11||It Was A Life Worth Living|
|1||Mир||Bulgarian Opera Choir|
|3||We Are Legends||Merethe Soltvedt, Claudio Pietronik, Sam Brashear|
|4||Your Imagination||Audrey Karrasch|
|5||The Stars Are Coming Home||Thomas Bergersen|
|6||Take Me Back|
|9||Materialize||Audrey Karrasch, Bulgarian Opera Choir|
|11||We Are Legends (Edit)|
|12||The Stars Are Coming Home (Edit)||Thomas Bergersen|
|1||Eleutheria||Bulgarian Opera Choir|
|2||We Are One|
|3||Beautiful People||Merethe Soltvedt|
|5||L’Appel Du Vide||Merethe Soltvedt, Claudio Pietronik|
|7||Mountain Call||Claudio Pietronik|
|9||Beautiful People (EDM Mashup)||Cinda M, Merethe Soltvedt|
|10||Beautiful People (No Vocals)|
|11||Wings (No Vocals)|
|12||Mountain Call (No Vocals)|
|13||Humanity (No Vocals)|
Humanity尽管是在 YouTube 上向公众发布了前两首作品，但《百万之声》和《如此小》在专辑的第四章中。
- 为 L’appel Du Vide 发布了音乐录影带。
- L’Appel Du Vide 是 Chosen One 的重制版，这是在《战吼》的行业版中意外发布的作品。
- Orbital 是 In Orbit 的重制版，这是 Thomas 于 2018 年发行的单曲，后来于 2020 年在 Catch Me 上再次发行。
- 这是 Thomas 第二次发行名为 Wings 的曲目，第一次出现在 Dreams & Imaginations 上。
- 正如托马斯在 Facebook 上透露的那样每一章都有不同的主题： 第一章是关于美丽、力量、自由和团结 第二章是关于家庭、力量、童年、纯真、遗产、梦想和命运和目的 “Take Me Back”是“Running With Keepers”的重制版本，该曲目最初作为 Colin Frake: Asclepius 的原声带的一部分发布。
- Mир 的歌词是由 Marina Koreneva 写的。
- 第三章有一个于 2021 年3 月 21 日发行的组曲。
- 该组曲揭示了之前于 2019 年发行的小星星将作为这张专辑的一部分重新发行。
- 专辑中的另一首单曲 Red 于 2021 年 4 月 9 日发行，与 Merethe Soltvedt 合作。
- Despite being the first two pieces from Humanity that were released to the public on YouTube, One Million Voices and So Small are on the album’s fourth chapter.
- Once the album is released in its entirety digitally, it will also be released as a physical boxed set.
- A music video was released for L’appel Du Vide.
- L’Appel Du Vide is a rework of Chosen One, a piece accidentally released on the industry version of Battlecry.
- Orbital is a rework of In Orbit, a single released by Thomas in 2018 and later released again on Catch Me in 2020.
- This is the second time Thomas has released a track called Wings, the first one having been on Dreams & Imaginations.
- Each chapter has a different theme, as revealed by Thomas on Facebook:
- The first chapter is about beauty, strength, freedom and unity
- The second chapter is about family, strength, childhood, innocence, legacy, dreams and fate and purpose
- “Take Me Back” is a reworked version of “Running With Keepers,” a track that was originally released as part of the soundtrack to Colin Frake: Asclepius.
- The lyrics to Mир were written by Marina Koreneva.
- Chapter III had a suite released on the 21st of March, 2021. This suite revealed that Little Star, previously released in 2019, was going to be rereleased as part of this album.
- Another single from the album, Red, was released April 9th, 202, featuring Merethe Soltvedt.
Rehu:Thomas, please take a break:
About a third of all I listen to is music by Two Steps from Hell and Thomas Bergersen. If you haven’t already, go out and get their entire discography (though I haven’t heard Seven). It’s some of the best music ever written by anybody…ever. 2019’s American Dream is as great a symphonic work as anything composed by the Classical music legends of old. It might be the greatest musical work of the last 100 years. I’m not kidding. He’s that good. Humanity Chapter 3 is the third full length album released by Thomas Bergersen in the last year, and I’m sorry to say but this particular volume sounds, as a whole, much less inspired and kind of boring. My wife said the same when I played it for her and she’s an otherwise fan too. Thomas knocked it out of the park with Humanity Chapter one, which would be a very good introduction to people looking to get into the Epic Music genre. Chapter 2 was solid. There’s a very long track on there with a lot of voice overs I happily skip over, but altogether, not disappointing. As far as Chapter 3 goes, there’s only so much inspiration even a genius can call upon in a single year. If these melodies had come to him around the time he was writing Illusions, he would have let them pass out of his mind and wait for something better to come along. There is some good news in the form of excellent performances by Merethe Sotlvedt. Thomas has also worked very hard trying to break into the genre of Pop music, and a track on here called You, by far the best on the album, is one of his most successful efforts. So Thomas, if you’re reading this, please take a break. You have nothing to prove to anyone. You’ve got a discography of over a hundred songs people will still be enjoying hundreds of years from now. You’ll be living richly off sync royalties for the rest of your natural life. I heard a TSFH track in a Cascade commercial the other day. It was the most epic dish washing detergent commercial ever. You’ve taken away any other composer’s chance of making a living from writing movie trailer music because all the placements go to you and Nick. So relax, meditate, enjoy life and if it takes five years to put out the next 10/10 album, it takes 5 years. You’ve given us plenty to hold us over with. 我听的所有音乐中约有三分之一是来自地狱的两步和托马斯·伯格森的音乐。如果你还没有，出去看看他们的整个唱片（虽然我还没有听说过七）。这是任何人写过的最好的音乐……永远。 2019 年的美国梦与古代古典音乐传奇创作的任何作品一样，都是一部伟大的交响乐作品。这可能是过去 100 年来最伟大的音乐作品。我不是在开玩笑。他那么好。 Humanity Chapter 3 是 Thomas Bergersen 在去年发行的第三张全长专辑，我很遗憾地说，但这张专辑听起来，作为一个整体，少了很多灵感和无聊。当我为她演奏时，我的妻子也说了同样的话，她也是一个粉丝。托马斯在人类第一章中将其淘汰出局，这对于希望进入史诗音乐流派的人们来说将是一个很好的介绍。第2章很扎实。那里有很长的轨道，有很多画外音，我很高兴跳过，但总的来说，并不令人失望。 就第 3 章而言，即使是天才也只能在一年内获得如此多的灵感。如果这些旋律在他写幻象的时候出现在他身上，他就会让它们从脑海中消失，等待更好的东西出现。 Merethe Sotlvedt 的出色表演带来了一些好消息。托马斯也非常努力地尝试闯入流行音乐流派，这里的一首名为 You 的曲目是专辑中迄今为止最好的，是他最成功的努力之一。 所以托马斯，如果你正在阅读这篇文章，请休息一下。你没有什么可以向任何人证明的。你有一百多首歌曲的唱片，人们在数百年后仍会享受。在您的余生中，您将过着丰富的同步版税。前几天我在 Cascade 广告中听到了 TSFH 曲目。这是有史以来最史诗般的洗碗剂广告。你已经剥夺了任何其他作曲家靠写电影预告音乐谋生的机会，因为所有的位置都给了你和尼克。所以放松，沉思，享受生活，如果推出下一张10/10专辑需要五年时间，那就需要五年时间。你给了我们足够的东西来支撑我们。
Russell G. Osterlund Jr.:Wow!
Pure magic from start to finish! The hour spent listening to this album will not be wasted.从头到尾纯魔法！ 听这张专辑的时间不会浪费。
John.:Softer, But Still Awesome.
If you only like Bergersen for his roaring epic music, this might not be the album for you. While there are still some classic epic tracks, overall this album is more emotional and soft. And for good reason, per his own description it’s a love inspired album.
And in that respect it delivers incredibly well! It is an easier listen than his previous work, and varies between playful, tender, and powerful… and I personally think he did a fantastic job capturing the mood, because my initial thought was that it sounded romantic— only afterwards did I realize that’s exactly what he was going for.
I really enjoyed this album. It’s equal parts soothing and stirring, and it’s a sweet, small departure from the usual fare. I think at this point I’ve listened to it a bit more than his other music *because* it is so easy to listen to— doesn’t make me want to march down to the state house in full regalia and demand sweeping reform.
如果你只喜欢 Bergersen 咆哮的史诗音乐，这张专辑可能不适合你。 虽然仍有一些经典的史诗曲目，但整体而言，这张专辑更加情绪化和柔和。 并且有充分的理由，根据他自己的描述，这是一张以爱情为灵感的专辑。
在这方面，它表现得非常好！ 这比他以前的作品更容易听，并且在俏皮、温柔和有力之间变化……我个人认为他在捕捉情绪方面做得非常出色，因为我最初的想法是这听起来很浪漫——后来我才意识到这正是 他的目的是什么。
我真的很喜欢这张专辑。 它既舒缓又刺激，与通常的票价略有不同。 我想在这一点上，我听它比他的其他音乐多一点*因为*它很容易听——不会让我想要穿着盛装前往州议会大厦并要求进行彻底的改革。
Official Website 官方地址